Thursday, July 29, 2010

EOC: Week 3 Tobacco Advertisment


Interpret the problem
The picture below states that scientific studies show that smoking has no unpleasant after taste at all, but I believe it’s only towards this particular brand of smokes. Even though I believe they are all the same. To promote this ad even more to get better attention they put a scientist on the cover holding a cigarette proving that it is good for you and that it has no after taste at all.
Understand the creative brief
This ad looks like it was way back in the day so in my personal opinion I would say that this ad works as to attracting the media and the crowd. One yes it works cause like I said before they are using statistics saying that scientists even proved that it tastes good and is safe apparently, another thing that makes this work are the placement of the pictures in the ad and the wording as well.
Say it outright
I think this ad is trying to say smoking is a good thing for you, and that smoking this particular brand can lead to no unpleasant after taste and its better tasting, and cooler smoking. Truly I believe that this ad really works as to trying to convey to the customers that smoking is cool.
Know your audience
Some might say the brand is out of line and that we are trying to kill people but in essence, it says that scientifically it has been proven to have a really good taste and that it will make you cooler. I tend to agree with this ad, I mean the facts are there you just have to read it carefully.
Write your objective
My objective for this ad is to provide a clear understanding of what this ad is trying to say. Scientists say that it has no after taste, it makes you cooler, and it’s a very good brand. I absolutely agree. My goal for today is to support that this ad is absolutely correct in every way and proven that it is clinically good for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment