Thursday, August 26, 2010

EOC Week 6: Make 'Em Laugh


I couldn’t choose one advertisement that I wanted to do, but I found that this one is better noticed by the world, so it will be a hoot! Nike is a huge brand/corporation and it’s geared towards people who want to go out there and achieve! Or just to exercise and win that game. Nike is also popular among high school football players going up to the big leagues. With their brand or their brands slogan “Just Do it” is an implication on saying just GO or take that risk, and it works. Looking at this picture it describes a little kid out on the street with his dog or the neighborhood dog just peeing on the wall taking the risk of getting in trouble, and he knows that he won’t get in trouble, because he’s a little kid and what mean person is going to try and stop a little kid. In reality I think that parents are responsible enough to tell their kids not to pee in public places…..hopefully. Not only has Nike proven that they can be funny and humorous, but they know how to market them differently to a different crowed so they get more publicity and a new perspective on their own company. They can be two sided as well, one by appealing to their consumers emotional, and the other to their consumers humorously. After all advertising needs a little humor here and there. Now that I explained to you the better picture of this ad, I would like to say that this ad makes me laugh my socks off….(haha) furthermore that’s what makes this ad funny, I mean come on! A kid peeing on a wall, seriously, who does that? But using the brand slogan was played well into this advertisement so that people could get a different feel for this brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment