Thursday, August 26, 2010

EOC Week 7: Exciting Ad & 4 Points


I chose this ad because I believe it touches four of the main points needed in an advertisement. I also thought it was pretty funny, so you could say I was following from what I posted earlier about the EOC of week 6.
Balance: One of the Key points is balance, because the cats and the owl are all lined up and the symmetry between them isn’t off so it’s not a bad thing, well except for the advertisement that’s on the right hand corner, it’s probably off. Overall the balance is ok the cats are all same height and so is the owl which makes it even.
Negative/Positive Space: Another point is that there is a little negative space up top and it’s just there, it would have been better if they just filled it with something. Though they put a picture of the wallpaper in the background, it fills something, but the bottom picture of the animals seems evened out, except for the owl where you can see it’s off (haha) but in the distance you probably can’t tell.
Unity and Variety: I think it has Unity to me because it’s on a set pattern, for example it goes cat, owl, cat, and then cat. It’s an Illusion, and because of the illusion it’s in unity. And I wish these were illusions, because most of these cats are pretty ugly.
Illusion: Everything is an illusion, where ever you are is an illusion. This whole world makes up millions of advertisements that what we see now is an illusion. But for the record this picture is totally an illusion because the owl.
In whole this advertisement is about this type of cat food that is so good that even other animals are willing or wanting to eat this cat food because it’s so good. I thought this ad was pretty brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment