Thursday, September 9, 2010

Finals Project 3: The Big Idea

“What if an irritated eye issued an S.O.S if this doesn’t generate more thinking… then try the deletion strategy asking what would the world be like without this brand or social organization.” Advertising by Design Cobin Landa. “ in the advertising class I teach ive created a list of critics that go with the types of predictable ads that students create which I paste up on the wall most ads can be placed under one of these critics and every now and then you get a good one that doesn’t go with any of these critics” Sal Devito, Advertising by Design. My concept that will set the tone from the rest is that my advertisements are a very provocative design for diesel which they are, also I think that stepping out of the box and being daring is what people really like that now a days, well that’s what I think. I create emotional impact because when you see things that have an effect on you, you have a certain need to go buy that particular type of item, like if you don’t get it you feel empty and if you do get you get an emotional benefit as far as pleasure is involved, almost finding pleasure within. I wouldn’t really change anything to the image of diesel I would just keep it the same until the ask me to change the logo and change the whole image of diesel but in the end I would keep it the same. The only think that changes in the advertising world is the image and the name, I mean the picture of the company and how they play on the words that plays a big role as well. Marketing for a company that sells sex and living successfully is very hard but easy if you know what you’re doing of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment